Tuesday, February 12, 2013

EK...



Emily Klair is now 10 and I can not believe how fast she is growing up. She has had a rough year but she is such a tough little girl. She is struggling a bit in school, and her seizures have been out of control. At one point she was on 3 different meds. It was like living with a walking breathing real life zombie. She had no emotions, no personality, she didn't care about anything and all she did was sleep. Sleep and sleep and sleep.
In October we were admitted to LeBohenuer hospital in Memphis for another video EEG. She is stubborn,  EK did not have any seizures that week...Nothing NADA!! it was not a wasted trip though. We have found a wonderful Dr. that we love!!! He is so helpful, caring and not about just throwing meds at her.
She has a cast on her foot as I type, haha she is one clumsy girl! She has broken her growth plate in her ankle and severely sprained her ankle. In true pretty princess fashion she picked a pink cast and she is rocking it like a diva.Lets see for those that keep count, she has broken her wrist, her shoulder and now this ankle. Might have to look into getting a bubble for her, seriously!!
Emily Klair does not want people to look at her... (very much reminds me of her aunt Andie in this regard) so she has decided to not play softball, basketball, or soccer. I have to say I am secretly sad about the softball, but she would rather try gymnastics again. I am ok with that as long as she does something. I have convinced her to join the puppet team at church this year and she is doing great. I have always said she needs to do something with acting/drama. Not sure how that would work with the whole no body look at me thing? haha She definitely has a knack for the drama.
She has friends down the street that she loves to go play with and I love that she loves to be outside rain or shine. She is so imaginative, creative, loving, kind, sweet, beautiful, funny, shy, loud, and sneaky. She is a one of a kind girl, and I hope she keeps her personality, she is something special.
Emily Klair I love you so much and am thankful I get to be your mother. You are beautiful inside and out....don't ever doubt that!



No comments: