Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Small things matter...

Got a text this afternoon from Emily Klair's teacher. I have to admit, even though I have never got a negative email, text or anything from any of my children's teachers, my heart still skips a couple beats when I see something from them.  The simple small text made my day.

She wanted to let me know that Emily Klair had found $20, on the ground and without hesitation turned it into her. They had found its owner, and that she was so proud of her and her sweet honesty.

Now, you may say...so what? That's not a big deal. Most kids would turn in the money. And your right it isn't a big deal..its a small thing. I asked EK later if it ever crossed her mind to keep the money. She said, "NO mom, not at all it wasn't mine."

It may be a small thing but it says a lot about the type of child we are raising. She is not a perfect child, she has her share of faults, and she can drive the most patient person crazy, but she is growing into a very honest, mature, young lady.

...everyday victories matter, so today I am choosing to take something positive from today and enjoy all the...small things!!


No comments: