Friday, September 26, 2008

A Lunch Date....

Every once in awhile Warren and I are lucky enough to get to have a lunch date, and we usually end up talking no stop about the kids, the house, or some other everyday life issues. Today was a lunch date day, they are usually not blog worthy let me tell ya, but today was different. We just went to Subway and while sitting there eating lunch we started off with the same ole same ole talk..then I'm not sure when or how but we stopped talking about the kids and life and just talked. You know the talking and cutting up that we use to do, about nothing and for nothing other then to have fun and enjoy being with each other kind of talk. I was laughing at him(the boy always has jokes, people tell him all the time he should do stand up) and even when he was making fun of me and my poor attempt at telling a joke(I thought it was funny..he said it was more my delivery then the joke itself..go figure) I realized how much we miss out on when we are so concentrated on the kids and everyday things. Don't get me wrong we still (try to) make time for just us but it doesn't always happen. Like I said earlier and when we do, we still only end up talking about the kids or something else...why is that?? Are we too busy?? Do we put the kids, and life above all else?? or are we just that comfortable with one another that we take our relationship for granted?? What ever the reason I have decided that from now our lunch dates are off limits to anything other then having a good time and being Kari &Warren again....for an hour we are not mom&dad, we are not in charge of anything (work or church), and most importantly the phones go off. We have been together for a long time (in Dec. it will be 12 years of marriage..we dated 4 years before that)and we have been through a lot together. Some might even say we grew up together(seeing as we were 15 when we started dating and 19 when we got married)and today at lunch was a great reminder of why we are together, we enjoy each other and we get one another, we can just give looks sometimes and not even have to talk to know what the other is thinking. I am blessed with a great husband that is supportive, a great father, and takes great care of his family and most of all loves me for me. Thanks for the lunch Warren..I love you!

2 comments:

The Parker Family said...

Yay for fun times with a great husband! You and Warren are so cute together (and always have been).

Anonymous said...

He makes me laugh also. I miss Willard.

Peggy