Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lovin it..

Ok so when that last week in July rolls around and we are already getting back into school....I frown and whine and just think its awful that the kids have to be in school when there is clearly so much summer left, but when October rolls around and we have the first 2 weeks off...I AM LOVIN IT!!! The kids last day of school till the 20th was today and I am so excited!! I have so much planned and can not wait to get started. I am down to one last regular season game for v-ball next week and then we are off....till the next week till we start practicing for our tournament!!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..yeah!! Do not get me wrong I love coaching and I love the girls but I have been in volleyball since the 3rd week in July..time for a break!!! I always feel like such a slacker mom during volleyball season...I mean for the most part my kids go with me to every practice and only miss some of the away games (and that is only because I have to leave so early I'd have to get them out of school...and I do some..just not all) so they are with me, so I do not feel like a slacker on that part...but I do look forward to getting back into a real school routine where when I pick them up we come home get homework done and play, I cook supper...bath time and off to bed!! During v-ball it is more run through the drive through or heat up some nuggets...and rush rush rush around...Slacker mom!!! This is my favorite time of year and the weather is great this fall...tomorrow night is Homecoming I am doing hair for this years Queen, last years Queen and one of the attendants...I love it (although it always makes me miss working... shh I'll tell you a little secret I am thinking and praying really hard about going back to work though shh!)and I am also looking forward to seeing old friends and their families at the game... Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Anderson said...

I am coveting your fall break....

Steph

Amanda said...

Booooo! I want a fall break! I have been at work since the last week of July. Where's my break!

Okay, I'll stop whining. Have a good break!