Thursday, May 22, 2008

WOW!!

Well yesterday after having a very bad day and wondering what next?? my 7 year old son came home from school...his last day is today...he is in the first grade...he was so excited to show me his journal from the whole year!! It was great to see how much he has learned and to read what is going on in the mind of a 7 year old. There is some pretty funny things in that journal let me tell you!! But what got me the most was what he wrote in it yesterday..May 21,2008 I am going to type it exactly as written (remember he is in 1st grade) "Tonight I have to go to Church. Because every Wednesday we go to learn even more about God and Jesus to. We don't only go on Sundays because we want to learn more because I want to be like him. To be nice to people just like him because we need to love each other so they will play and be nice to each other." Wow is all I can say...out of the mouth of babes!! I love that he is "getting it" ... and what perfect timing...

3 comments:

Apple said...

That's just awesome! God is good.

Amanda said...

I bet that was a breath of fresh air. You're obviously doing a great job teaching your children about God! I'm praying that my children reallyy "get it" too. I think they are just not old enough yet.

Valerie said...

Beautiful! I love it. In fact, I've read it a bunch of times... even to other people. I'm sure God is smiling!