Wednesday, May 14, 2008

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OFTHE YEAR!!!!

I have found the older I get I still enjoy the most simple things in life...


My kids are out of school in this next week and I can not wait. I love this time of year...the excitement of no school, staying up late, no plans other then swimming and picnics in the park, getting together with friends for short (not to mention cheap) day trips somewhere fun!!

We have also started our count down to our beach trip we take every year...5 weeks from Fri and counting... We have been going with some of our good friends Kelly and Tammy Lancaster and their children for the past 3 years and we have a ball..the kids get along great and there is just good times all the way around.


I can remember as a teen getting out of school for the summer was one of the best feelings in the world...as a mother now that has school age children I feel the same way. My birthday was this month (may 4) and I am now 31 yrs old, I know I know ...I'm old...but I feel like a kid at this time of year!!


I think that is what I love the most about this time of year is there is no schedule, no time frame for projects/homework, nothing other then fun and every day is an adventure if you let it be!! I already have been working on a pirate treasure hunt, camo party/camp out, princess swim bash... and for my kids at church (teenagers..gotta love them) a survivor weekend.....oh how I love to play!!!



I was getting our calendar ready for the kids to count down the days till the beach and ran across some of the pics from our trip last year...thought I would post two of my favorites!!! The 1st pic I call "future heart breakers" Tyler is the one on the left with his serious look and Evan is on the right...they are 14 days apart..and the best of friends!! The 2nd picture I call..."my little beach diva" it is amazing to me how much she has grown since our trip last summer...



2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so stinking jealous! I would love to put my feet in that sand! I hope you have a great summer.

Valerie said...

Me too, Me too! I love summer break. Maybe that's why I decided to become a teacher? I just can't give up being a kid at heart!! Wish we were going to the beach with you.