Thursday, August 28, 2008

Attitude adjustment...who me??

Every had those days or weeks where you look back at something you said or did and think... " WOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME??" Well, I had a moment of that earlier this week. My sweet Tyler talked to me in a not so pleasant tone and attitude and I quickly informed him, that is not how we speak to our mother..or anyone else for that matter!! He quickly replied oh sorry! and then he gave me that look...(you know the look)...that says "oh really you do it to me all the time" at first I could not believe my eyes...but then it hit me square in the face (and yes it hurt!) I do, I do it all the time, not even realizing I do it. So, I am giving myself an attitude adjustment and trying so hard to talk and be nicer to the ones I love so dearly. Why is it that we are always harder on the ones we love...I am not sure why? or how? I let it get so bad and why someone has not told me sooner that I needed an adjustment..but seeing my child do it and then "the look" he gave me I realized that it is out of control. I am working on our ladies retreat for church and our theme this year is "reflection" and let me tell you my reflection needs alot of work right now! The reflection I saw coming back at me from my sweet 7 yr old is proof enough for me!!!

No comments: