Monday, August 11, 2008

I know there are bigger and worse things in life....

I know that my world is so small and that there are others out there that have much bigger problems much more life threatening and life altering things going on. I get that...and I am in no way throwing myself or my family a pity party but sometimes it is nice to just be able to get out our worries and concerns. As a parent you want your child's life to be great, almost perfect if there is such a thing! If you are like me you worry from the moment you find out your expecting and never stop...both of my children were high risk pregnancies and both of them have medical complications. Tyler was born with spina bifda occulta and Emily Klair has a seizure disorder. My worries rank pretty high let me tell you!! I keep a prayer journal and it is amazing to see how much God has blessed us with both of our children. We have had some pretty amazing highs and lows in our lives as parents..if you do not keep a prayer journal I encourage you too, it is great to look over it and see how much you are truly blessed, and how God has answered your prayers. My heart is breaking for my little boy, I know that God is going to take care of him and that it is all going to work out fine, but I am the mom and it is my job to think of everything, good/bad and ugly. Tyler has been having some back pain for about a month now, so I took him to the Dr. 2 weeks ago, the Dr. ordered an x-ray and we got the results back a week ago. He has now been diagnosed with scoliosis, his spine is curving in a S shape, the upper back is going to the right and the lower is going to the left. I know that scoliosis is not life threatening I know that there are worse things he could be diagnosed with, but as his mother that does not fit in my perfect world I had created and imagined for him. I do not want him to hurt! I do not want him to have wear a brace or go through another back surgery...I do not want him to have to suffer at all if continues to curve and he is misshapen...kids can be cruel! We will have a better understanding of what his future looks like in 6 months they are going to take another x-ray and see how fast it is progressing. So for right now we know nothing other then he has it, and we are praying that he does not progress much more if any. I know that people live with this everyday and I have been reading alot about it since finding out about Tyler..so again I know there are much worse things, I also know that God blesses and takes care of all his children, just needed to vent my worries and thoughts! He is such a good boy...he is sweet, absolutely adorable, and such a joy to all around him!! not to mention he is the next David Beckham...I'm the mom so I get to say all of this and know that it's all true!!! I am sooo blessed!!

4 comments:

Apple said...

Every worry is substantial to God. I will pray for your boy too. Keep us informed.

Valerie said...

Adding him to my prayer journal! Love you guys.

Kristi said...

I'll be praying. In the meantime, you know I have a hard time reading anything and not being a PT. So, if you're interested, sometimes stretching can help straighten out a scoliosis or at least keep it from progressing. I can e-mail you some things if you want. Again, hope you don't think I'm meddling. I'll be praying for him and for you as you deal with this.

Kristi (Steph's friend)

Anonymous said...

It is a Mothers job to worry about her children and you have every right to vent your concerns. We love you guys and we pray often for all of you. God will take care of us all.

Love ya!

Peggy