Thursday, November 4, 2010

"I DO....."

Today I am thankful for those two little words "I Do"... My husband and I met when we were 15 yrs old, at church camp. We became fast friends and had a blast that whole week. After we got back from camp he was baptized and I called to congratulate him, that phone call lasted for over 2 hrs.... That was the beginning of some really great memories. Warren and I have been through alot, we got married at 19 yrs old, he was a sophomore at Harding University in Arkansas, and I was in beauty school in the same college town. We were broke, at that time he went to school and worked part time at a small department store,while I also went to school but I worked full time as a waitress during the week and at a popular ice cream parlor on weekends. It was a mad house, we hardly ever saw each other but when we did it was great....I loved that first year!! I was wore out but I loved it, most people say your first year is your hardest of marriage but for us it was one of the best. We have always been the best of friends, now don't get me wrong even best friends fight, get on each others nerves and overall just don't get along sometimes, and we have had our fair share of fights and such. But you see here is where our relationship vary from some...we are in it for the long haul...we understand that there will be rough patches, highs and lows, we know that a good marriage is one that is worked on consistently, and we really do work on it...we are not perfect, we are not pretending to be something we are not. I love my husband and today that is what I am thankful for....two little words that make me his and him mine...."I DO".....

No comments: