Monday, December 13, 2010

In sickness and in health...

Mine and War's anniversary is just around the corner. December 28th to be exact!!
I am not sure what I was thinking when we set our date in Dec. ?? Crazy times were had the year we got married let me tell you.
I got to thinking the other day that Warren and I have been together for 18 yrs!! We dated since we were 15 got married at 19...and will celebrate 14 yrs of marriage this yr. Wow 18 yrs, it has went by so fast and yet at times it seems like we have been together forever.
Warren and I have faced many things that people our age has never even thought about. I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life with him, and completely understood what marriage was all about, that there was no turning back once we said "I do" that was it. Sure there are circumstances that could or would make things change our situation but for all intense purposes we said "I do" for forever! I was proud to walk down that aisle and take those vows, I said them all and meant everyone from the bottom of my heart.
Did I understand them fully? Did I know what I was saying?? Was I so happy to finally be Mrs. Warren Robinson, that I would of said anything? Was I just into the wedding planning??
Yes and no to all of the above. HMMM? you ask??
OK when I was 19 my life was all about me, all about my dreams and I knew my life would be prefect I just knew it would be. I mean why not?? I was a good girl, and had a great man I was in love with and going to spend the rest of my life with. He had big plans, and together we were going to have a great life.
Now don't get me wrong this post is not about how horrible my life is our how hard things are in fact this post is not negative at all..so just bear with me please!
I did mean my vows with every part of my heart, BUT I didn't fully understand them. Not until life happens and you actually don't have the perfect little life you always dream of do you know what you were saying with those vows.
After 14 yrs of marriage and a little, ok let me be completely honest here ALOT OF "life" thrown at us, some of it good and some of it hard, some if it sad and some of it happy, I can finally say that I not only said :
FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE
IN SICKNESS IN HEALTH
FOR RICHER OR POORER
TILL DEATH DO US PART
But I MEANT them and now fully UNDERSTAND them!!!
I am proud to be MRS. WARREN ROBINSON and even though we have had LOTS OF LIFE we have also had LOTS OF LOVE and I wouldn't trade it for anything and I am just as much in love as the day we got married!!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

No comments: