Tuesday, December 7, 2010

to worry or not to worry??

(gotta love this precious face...EK playing with my camera, have I mentioned how much I miss this camera?? ) For those of you that know me you know that I tend to be a worrier. Big shocker, I know right! I worry about what people think of me and my family, I worry about the kiddos and their health issues, I worry about Warren, my parents, brothers and sisters, my in-laws...what can I say I worry!! Emily Klair is doing really well on her new seizure meds, and hasn't had a seizure that we know of in a while. I am soo thankful for this and praise God everyday that she goes seizure free. These last few weeks I have started to notice somethings that are worrying me about EK. Now mind you school hasn't said anything to me yet, but if she is this way at school I am sure to get that call soon. She has been forgetful...I know what you are thinking, isn't she only 7 almost 8 next week..wow that soon I can't believe that..sorry got off track back to what you were saying isn't she only 7 aren't all kids forgetful??yes she is only 7 and kids are suppose to be forgetful, but this is different. She is doing something and literally 5 minutes later having no idea she did it, or said it, and it isn't every time or even everyday. But when it does happen it happens numerous times, like forgetting if she took her meds, or forgetting what she wore all day even though she took it off and changed clothes not 15 mins earlier, doing her homework but having no idea she already finished it...going shopping and not remembering the color dress she picked out and bought?? There are many more examples but these are just a few... So right now I am debating googling because my fear is that this is a type of seizure...or even worse a side affect from one of the meds..and the last thing I want is to start messing with her meds again! So right now I am in the middle of the all the time ever present thought process of is this something I need to worry or not worry about....

2 comments:

Claire E. Cunningham said...

I can relate. I'm a world class worrier -- to the point where I have to laugh at myself. But don't you find that worrying really doesn't help? For me, only doing something helps -- either something to distract me or something that moves the situation along.

Claire

Kari said...

true worrying never really helps a situation and it is one of the many things I would like to change about myself...

I am going to wait until I have a chance to talk with her Dr. at her next appt. but I have done some googling on the matter and well we are probably looking at something to do with her seizures...

thanks for the comment!