Thursday, July 24, 2008

Have to brag sometimes...

I just have to brag on my kiddos...I'm the mom so it is my right!! Yesterday was a hard day..I had one of my horrible headaches and my vision was so messed up and it just hurt to close my eyes,have my eyes open, lay down or sit up..in other words I was miserable! My kids are pretty use to these but yesterday they were soo good...there was no fighting, no whining and they even helped me out. I know that I have some good children and I am blessed because of them! I worry about days like yesterday and think how unfair it is to them, we were suppose to go swimming, play outside and just enjoy some of the last few days we have of summer vacation, but that did not happen and they did not complain once! I often struggle with the "am I too hard on them?" question and "are they being allowed to be kids???" Maybe at times I really am too hard on them but I know that I want children that know how to behave, to know what their limits are, and that other people want around..not dread to see them coming. It is a daily struggle and sometimes I get frustrated with them but for the most part they are the greatest kids in the world....at least in my opinion!!

2 comments:

Apple said...

I know exactly what you mean about worrying whether you are too hard on your children. I worry sometimes too. But, you know they love you and aren't you just so, so proud when someone comes up to you and tells you what a joy your child is?

The Parker Family said...

The blog for Matt is www.mattlogelin.com. It is an incredible story. I am so addicted. You should also check out the Steece Quads at www.lifeofsuz.blogspot.com.