Sunday, July 20, 2008

School is almost here...argh!!!

Where did the summer go??? I feel like we just got out of school and now we are getting ready to go back. My kids register for school on the 30th of July...can you believe we only have around 2 weeks left of playing and having fun before we are back to the routine and the horror of "getting up early"..lol (me and Emmy Klair are not morning people..to say the least!) I am sad about this summer ending more so because this year my baby is starting kindergarten!!! I know she is ready and she is so excited to start but I on the other hand am dreading it and want her home with me. When Tyler started he was so bored and ready to be at school and I was soo excited about him starting..sure I cried the first week and missed him something terrible but I knew he was going to be ok. With Emily Klair I have so much I am worried about and I am also very sad that she is old enough to be going to school...in my eyes she is still my baby. I know she is not a baby and she will be fine but I am still worried about her...what if she has a seizure and no one really knows what to do, and she is out to long??? What if she is not having full seizures but is not there and misses out on what she is suppose to do?? What if she has a big seizure and loses ALL muscles control..will the other kids still want to play with her and be her friend?? I could play the "what if" game all day all night. These thoughts have consumed me for the past few weeks and I must admit they still do, but after church Wed. I realized something.."why am I afraid?" The lesson that night at church centered around Matthew 8:23-27...as I sat there I realized I was not having any faith...that I had not turned any of my worries or concerns about Emily Klair starting school over to God. I'm not sure why?? but I hadn't and I am trying really hard to do so. I never have pegged myself as someone that is a control freak but when it comes to Emily Klair I think that I may be just that!! I pray that I have more faith and that from now on when faced with even the smallest of worries I can stop and remember Matthew 8:26 Jesus answered, "why are you afraid? You do not have enough faith." Then he stood up and gave a command to the winds and the water. The wind stopped, and the lake became very calm.

No comments: