Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When do you stop being nice??

I want to ask a question of all you blogger friends....When is enough enough and you stop being nice??? Oh lets just say that there is one person that no matter what you say and do you are belittled, or made to feel like the worse mother...worse wife...or the dumbest individual on the planet!!! over and over again, and usually in public....when can you turn the filter off and just let the person have it??? tell them what you really think and quit sugar coating it or holding back so that their feelings are spared?? I just spent about 45 minutes typing away about this and well I really think that I need to wait at least 24 hours before I post about this with more specifics...you know try to cool off and read it again to make sure that it is OK and not just a bash fest... I have been struggling with this one person for awhile now and not sure when(and I say when because it has to be done...it is not option to just not have this person around..) and how to do this...so I am asking you my blogger friends...WHEN DO I STOP BEING NICE!!WHEN DO I GET TO TURN THE FILTER OFF AND HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT AND NOT HURT THIS PERSON THE WAY I HAVE BEEN HURT???? Please know that this has been a daily prayer for me for years now....so know that I am trying to do what is best and right but it gets harder and harder...

3 comments:

rdpettus3 said...

There is a difference between being nice and allowing someone to verbally abuse you.

I don't think there is ever a time when you can stop being nice and respectful. But you have to be respectful to yourself or no one else will.

There is a time to confront and let the person know how you feel and it sounds like now is the time. You can be respectful to someone while telling them the truth.

If they don't care then you can become like David and pray for your enemy. My favorite prayer is "Arise, O LORD! Rescue me, my God! Slap all my enemies in the face! Shatter the teeth of the wicked! (Psalm 3:7)." Its in the bible so you can pray this!!

garyneat said...

What ever you do, do it with a smile on your face. It drives people nuts when you tell them "where to get off" while your smiling at them.
Just kidding:)
Listen to Rusty. His advice is better. Just don't let it stress you too long. People like that are usually not worth the headaches.
I love you
Dad,

The Lamb Family said...

I don't have any great advice like Rusty or your dad but you are an awsome friend. You have always been there for me and many others. You deserve to be treated with respect. I hope I can have children behave as well as yours do and I know its all because of you. (And of course War) Please don't let this person dampen your spirit.