Thursday, July 31, 2008

Made to think once again...

I have already posted about blog land and how much that it has inspired me, challenged me, and even encouraged me, but I have been made to think once again and I have found that on this particular matter I have fallen short. The question that was asked was "when you look at your Bible do you see a love letter from your Savior or do you see a book that you take with you to Church?" (you can read this wonderful original post in its entirety at http://www.choosetobablessing.blogspot.com/ ) I could not answer this question right away, in fact I have thought about this all day long. Here is why, I am ashamed to say that I "think" that I see it as a love letter, helping me and my family through our troubles and everyday life and that I know it well. But if someone was to ask my Tyler right now if his mom or dad reads their Bible he would answer "yeah sometimes but really only at Church " (...trust me on this one I already asked him) Not exactly the answer I was hoping for. I thought about this today I tried to count up the times that we as a family have sat down and read and studied the Bible together, and I was very saddened by the number. I always have time to say a night time prayer with them and even read them a bed time story so why have I not made it a point to read and study with them before bed?? Why have they not seen me with an open Bible reading and studying God's word?? So my answer to the original question is this: First off Thank you Apple for making me think once again...I am changing the way I look at my Bible and my children are going to grow up with a mom that shows them God's written word everyday so that they see it as more then a "book" we take to Church.

No comments: