Monday, July 7, 2008

Friends!!!

I am not even sure how to start this post?? I have so much that I want to say and share, but not so sure how to go about it? I just got back from my "girls" trip that I take every year and I always feel so blessed afterwards, not that I got to go on the trip itself ,but that there is a trip!! A little background info on the trip: this was the 5th year that we have done this trip...the 1st year we brought the kids and 2 babysitters (first and last time we did that...hehe) it is also only the 2nd time that all five of us got to be there...and we had a ball. Angie, Tammy, Stephanie, Destiny and myself have been friends for awhile now. We can go months without talking, emailing , just letting everyday things keep us apart but when we do get together it is like nothing has changed and we pick up right where we left off. Stephanie and I are the only ones that are still living here in town. The others have all moved away and are missed greatly and on a daily basis. We all met at church and became fast friends....Tammy, Destiny, Stephanie and I all lived in the same neighborhood (Destiny and I lived one house from one another)we all started our families and went through pregnancies together, becoming 1st time mothers together, and just trying to figure it all out together. We helped each other, watched each others kids, cooked meals for one another, prayed for one another and was just there for one another 24/7!!! (hard to believe that between us we now have 12 kiddos....whew) I still have friends from high school, college, and even from grade school that I keep up with on a regular basis but these friends hold such a special place in my heart. It is hard to describe the bond of friendship that we have!! I want them to know that I cherish them and our trips...I am blessed because they are in my life and my family's life. I look forward to this winter to our annual weekend trip with the hubbies and the kiddos....because it reminds me of a time in my life that was precious and priceless because of them!!!! ****Insert photo here of the five us on this years trip....(but Stephanie who also is my sis in law)...has not sent me the pic yet...so after she does I will post it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pretty much sums it up!! Love you! Angie

Stephanie Anderson said...

You stink! I am still jealous of your girls trip.....

Steph