Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting back to me....

Warren and I after our hot date tonight...
ok not really a hot date, just a benefit dinner for the private school here in town where I coach volleyball.
We never get our picture taken together, I am always behind the camera taking the pics and well we never take the time to get in a pic together, so tonight while we were still decent, I had Tyler take our picture....not too bad if I do say so myself!
Tomorrow is a big day...Warren is in a benefit fashion show for HEART HEALTH at the hospital where he works, from what I understand they have a pink dress (yes I said dress) all picked out waiting on him. I have to go do his make-up, and doll him all up around 11 tomorrow! You better believe that there will be pictures to post of that...I still can not believe he said he would do it. Not sure pink is his color, but we shall see tomorrow.
I feel like I am coming out of my depression a little bit at a time. I do a very good job at hiding it for the most part, but my family and close friends have been helping me and encouraging me to get out more, and for the first time tonight I felt more like myself. This shoulder surgery and the pain I am in daily, and the health scare with Tyler and now the diagnoses has kinda thrown me for a loop. I have been hiding out in my house and not really doing anything. For those of you that know me, know that I am very out going, loud and love being around people, but for the past few months I have only done what I have to do, and avoid or cancel things just to stay home and veg on the couch. I have struggled with this before but not for a long time...I am glad to say tonight felt good, like the old Kari is still in here...laughing and cutting up, wanting to dress up and be with friends tonight was a great feeling. I am hoping this is the start of me coming out of this awful funk I have been in. My family deserves better then what I have been able to give them lately.
*the top pic is one Tyler wanted to take bc he said I looked so pretty tonight more like the mom before shoulder surgery...bless his heart!!!! he told me I had to put it on my blog..so I did bc he was such a sweetheart about it...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

aww you look so pretty! I understand the depression thing post-surgery. I feel like i'm slowly but surely getting back to me again. It's hard being dependent on others, and it's easy to hide away. We just have to make ourselves get out.

Kellie said...

You look so pretty and so happy! I hope you guys had a nice time! I've been down the depression road, so I know how tough that is. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I'm sure seeing your hubby in a pink dress helped (I hope I read that right!). :) So sweet what your little guy said, too! What a nice post!

Denise said...

AAWww I'm so glad you had a good time, and got to go out and enjoy life for a night. I didnt "know" you before your surgery but your son was right about the picture, you looked amazing and very happy!

Natalie said...

Great pics! Glad you had a good time!!!

Kari said...

Thank you!! we did have a great night...you all are too kind thanks again for the kind words!