Thursday, February 24, 2011

not liking this growing up thing...

I have always said that this blog was more my journal, and somewhere that I could write and share my thoughts so one day EK and TY could read it. So EK will probably kill me when she gets older and reads this entry, and Ty may too with some of the entries about him, but I hope they read it one day and see how much fun we had and how loved they are... With that said, we have hit another milestone in the Robinson house hold...and well I am not sure I should be posting about this but it is too cute too not...she is only 8 so it still qualifies as cute right?!?! Well, we just bought EK her first real set of "big girl" undergarments...I have noticed in a couple of her shirts and things for school that she needed something, so we tried the undershirt approach and that worked for a little while but here lately she has needed more...so tonight was the night. She was soo cute picking out what she liked and trying them on, and it was bittersweet to me. I have always wanted a girl to do fun stuff with like shop (even though I am not a shopper?) get nails done together, go to lunch dates, just have fun being girls together. Tonight was one of those nights that was fun to watch her get excited and act so grown up, but it made it me sad because she is growing up. Tonight we are experiencing some really big storms and under a tornado watch, she hates storms!! so when we got home and her bath had been taken she curled up in my lap...not beside me and laying in my lap but IN my lap, and we just cuddled, and talked and she tried on my hoop earrings and it was just a sweet moment. I love that my kids are growing up, but there is a big part of me that wishes they were still babies and needed me more...but I will take any of those special moments like tonight I can get.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so special. I was just telling my husband tonight about some of the moments my mom and I shared when I was younger and just how special they were to me. it makes me really want to have a daughter to do those things too.
thanks for sharing, i'm sure she'll look back on it and love it.

Kellie said...

Oh! I remember doing that with my mom! I didn't handle it as well as your little lady! :) I'm glad to hear she took it in stride! I fought my mom on the deodorant front, too! If I only knew! :)

I think they will both love having your blog to look back on when they are older! That gives you great incentive to keep posting! :)