Thursday, February 17, 2011

EPIC PARENTAL FAIL...

My girl.. Sweet, kind, beautiful...*and many more wonderful words to describe her inserted here! I feel like she has been on the back burner lately and it is making me sad...I think we need a mother daugther day asap!!! She is so laid back and go with the flow that I think sometimes we take it for granted... I am officially the worst mother in the world, the kiddos school decided to not do Valentine's Party and called it a heart health friends day...fun, great, wonderful..however, I somehow missed a note saying that their class was still going to exchange Valentine's//I know right??? anywho she didn't have any to pass out, but do you think she complained? do you think I even heard about it when she got in the car? NO, I found them in her room yesterday while doing laundry, when I asked her about it she said no biggie mom I know you have been busy and lots on your mind lately! talk about feeling like a turd in the punch bowl!! sorry was that too gross?? anywho I felt horrible!! I still feel horrible, not sure how I missed that note but I did, and I have told her we will make it up and I will make cupcakes or brownies something she can share with the class to make it up, in the next few days! So, my quiet, don't make a fuss, laid back girl needs some attention right now and I am gonna make sure she gets some...all I can say is sorry EK your momma had one epic parental fail!! and I will do better!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it sounds like you have a super sweet daughter. Don't forget to give yourself a break. You've been dealing with a lot lately!
from everything you've shared, I can tell you're a great mom!

Kellie said...

Don't beat yourself up! Mistakes happen! And focus on the well-mannered, polite girl you've raised! She looks so sweet! Be proud! She forgave you, now you forgive you! :)

Kari said...

You two are too kind...Thank you for your kind words..still feel awful about it but we are going to make brownies this weekend and send them monday!!