Monday, February 7, 2011

really?!?!

SO this weekend my family got a lesson in what is put on their blogs is free domain for anyone to use. My blog nor my sister's blog is very big and it is mainly for us to journal and write something we both love to do. Well, I introduced you to my precious nephew last week, what I failed to tell you all was that he was in the hospital again having a new shunt put in. He is doing great, and really is a precious little guy! Anywho, if you read my sister's blog you can follow his amazing journey... This weekend my sister gets a call from a friend and the friend reads her a story from their newspaper...and get this....she is reading my sister's words! from her blog!! The writer told my nephew's story, and how amazing he is, quoted my sister's blog, and for the most part the story was on target...BUT it could of been so much better!! Andrea would of invited this person over, let her met Anderson, share her feelings and frustrations, give God the glory, and show off how well Anderson really is doing...but no the reporter did none of that...did not even inform Andie that she was writing the story, just took her words and quotes because she could and wrote a story. I understand anything we write can be taken from us and no one has to even tell us but in all my life I can not and would not ever think of doing such a thing!! My sister has talked with the author of the story and she has forgiven her, because well she is nice like that!! So anywho, just had one of those moments this weekend that makes you go really???? who does that??? and just wanted to share it with you!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's why i put a copyright on my blog. that is a lazy reporter and they shouldn't have done that. it's essentially stealing someone else's work. that's not cool. that is a big journalistic no-no.

Kari said...

yea my sister has since done that but who knew we needed to?? oh well you live and you learn..

how's your leg healing?? been to the dr lately??

Natalie said...

Technology... sometimes you love it, sometimes you hate it!

Hopefully the journalist learned something from it!