Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fear is different then being scared..

Do you ever come home from being out and look around your house and say something along the lines of "hmm I don't remember that being there??" Well, I come home and I check everything, every time and I know whether or not something has been moved or out of place, in pretty much one glance around the room. I have this sick sense about this type of thing, I am not proud of it and wish I could turn it off. When I was around 4 yrs old our house was broken into, more then once and one time my mother, sister and I were home. One of the nights my family and I were returning home from church on a Sunday night, I was the first one through the door, I stopped looked around and all the kitchen cabinets and drawers were open, I asked why did you leave all the doors open mom, at that moment my father pulled me back out the door by my little ponytail and put us all back in the car to wait on the police. I remember going through the house with my parents, looking at everything, the front door had been kicked in, making a list of everything that was gone or broken, and being scared of the police men. I really don't remember much about the one incident where we were home, just stuff that I have heard from my mother about that night, but I think it is in my head and I some how refuse to remember it. Because, I have horrible very real images in my dreams of being in bed and people coming into my room and my house at night. That feeling of being watched, or just the sense of other people touching my things, sometimes these feelings happen while I am still awake and it is soo horrible. I have woke my hubby up numerous times and made him walk the house with me to prove there is no one there. Now don't get me wrong I am not a scaredy cat that is afraid of every little bump in the night, I have a fear and a fear is different then being scared...it is much worse. I can not fully tell you how paralyzed with fear I get some nights, I can tell you for the many times that I have woke my hubby up there are a dozen more times that I lay there scared but don't want to bother him yet again. Just about a month and a half ago our vehicles were broken into while they were parked in our driveway, I knew mine had been touched before I even got in the car..they got my purse and spent around 900 dollars on my debit card, and got my camera (that had vacation pictures on it and a ton of other things on it I wish I had now), and some other things that weren't important but was mine not theirs! Since that break in I have had a horrible time sleeping, I am fearful of every noise, the anxiousness I get before I open the door after being gone for awhile is getting worse, because I just know someone is going to have broken in my house. I wish I could turn off the looking and making sure everything is in its place, I have started doing it every where at home, my room at school, my vehicle...everywhere. The people that broke in to my vehicle had nothing on their minds but getting money or goods they could sell but with that one night they have made me feel just like that 4 year old fearful little girl all over again....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*hugs*

once we've been violated like that it's hard for it not take root and shape us in one way or the other. Now you're vigilant and alert. When the hubs and I lived in our first apt, my car got it's window busted in. They didn't take anything, just broke my window to be a butthead i guess. Ever since then, when I go to get in the car I get in and look at all the windows.