Monday, January 3, 2011

Trash Bags that seem to Smile Smugly...

I know I have mentioned this before but here it goes again.....I hate to wrap presents!! No it is not because I am lazy, and no it is not because I am not gifted in the wrapping department.. (no pun intended "gifted" haha get it..oh never mind..just leave me to my dorkish ways ) This picture is prime reason..#1...top of the list why I despise it soo!!! Lets think about this for a minute, shall we??? Time put into wrapping vs. time it takes to get unwrapped!! Hmm no question it is not even close...I mean there is the cutting, taping, folding down of corners just right, putting the bow on just soo, using different paper for each gift so it is beautiful under the tree, finding the space and time when no one is going to be trying to sneak a peek, to always running out of the right size paper with only one more gift to go! Then it comes to opening them..ready, set, go.....cue the smile, the thanks, and the wadded up ball of paper thrown toward the trash bag!! TA-DA!! I will always wrap my gifts, I will always hate it but I will always do it. Why?? you ask??? The unknown, the surprise, the shock value!! In this day and age there isn't much of that left. Kids are growing up faster and becoming less and less innocent at an earlier age. But all of us turn into little kids when it comes to a wrapped present. I know I do, I start thinking what is it? What did I ask for that could be that size?? Will I like it?? (screaming even if it is only in my head What is it?? what is it??over and over again) I Can't wait to open it!!! So even though the trash bag at the end of all the festivities is all full of the disregarded paper and seems to always be smiling smugly at me every year... I will never take away the innocence that comes with a wrapped gift!!

No comments: