Monday, January 17, 2011

Training day 1....

So the training for the 5k is getting started today. I am nervous, excited, and really just ready to get started. I am nervous for lots of reasons, one being I am only 8 weeks out from my shoulder surgery, I am still in PT and still not allowed to lift more then 5 lbs and well lets be completely honest here...I am getting better and back to normal but still have some pain...but I am the most nervous because I was running when I tripped and fell, that hurt my arm so bad! To say I am nervous is an understatement! I am going to try the couch to 5k running program since I am fairly new to how this all works. So today is day one...wish me luck!!What was I thinking???

2 comments:

Simmons Family said...

you can do it kari! I had never been a big runner and this time last year i started training for the 5k zoo run run at the nashville zoo. When i crossed that finish line it felt like such an accomplishment and i was so proud of myself. Just start small and remember to PUSH yourself a little harder each time. It will get easier but it will take time-you can do it! I'm praying for strength and endurance for you!
Tara

Natalie said...

Good luck!!! I need to jump on the getting back in shape band wagon!