Friday, January 7, 2011

Just another chapter..

Well, we added another chapter to our life tonight...
I refuse to be negative, I refuse to be a worry wart, I refuse to imagine how our life is going to be after tonight because we know nothing yet...and really what good could it really do?
My Tyman has been having migraines that have been getting worse and even resulted in him throwing up at school the other day because of the pain. All week he has just said he doesn't feel good but he is isn't sick, just different. He has complained of belly pain, and headache, but has went to basketball practice, church, school and ate just fine.
So last night we go out to eat and have a GREAT night, the kiddos and Warren kept me entertained with being silly and doing some funny impressions of the movie "Despicable Me" it was SO funny, and really it was a great night!! We get home and get the kiddos ready for bed and after they had been in there for about an hour I hear something.
I look at Warren and say " I hear choking, is Tyler choking?" in which he replies "no, I don't hear anything" at that point I think why am I arguing with you I know I hear something...so I ran to Tyler's room as I got there I notice he is moving, then I flip on the light because he still sounds like he is choking, and that is when I see that he is not just moving he is convulsing. Eyes rolled back in his head, face distorted, drool/spit up (is he too big for it to be spit up yes, is that what it looked like though yes)and white as a ghost. He was breathing but was struggling, it lasted about 2 minutes, but in real time seemed more like an hour.
I screamed for Warren, and he got there in a flash picked him up, I got EK and out the door we went for the ER. By the time we got to the car he was alert and scared but was breathing just fine.
Now we have experience with seizures, EK has had them since birth and is on 2 different meds right now to help control them, but to turn that light on and see Tyler having one is ummm well I can't write about it, it is a feeling I can't describe, it was one of the top 5 scariest things I have ever seen. We are headed to his reg Dr. today and then probably on to Nashville to see EK's ped neurologist for more testing. Everything they did at the ER last night was normal..and we are thankful for that!!
Tyman has already overcome so much, spina bifda, dog attack, scoliosis this is just another chapter in his story. He is a strong smart athletic wonderful little boy that we love SO much and are SO proud of!!!
So as I said earlier I refuse to worry...yeah right who am I kidding?? ok well I am a mom that is my job!! But I am dancing it out today..praising God that he was laughing and being his silly self by the time we got home last night and that every test was normal last night...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are such a strong mama! I am sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers as you start this next chapter. Good Luck!

One Crazy Mom said...

How scary! When my daughter was almost 2 (almost 7 years ago) she had a seizure. We are very fortunate that it was only a febrile seizure and she has never had one since. BUT, at the time we didn't know, and it was THE SCARIEST THING IN MY LIFE. To see your child in that state is terrifying. After the seizure ended (the convulsing anyway) she was comatose. Eyes glazed over and unresponsive. Even though she was clearly alive, I didn't know if she was ever going to come back to us.
I'm so sorry you had to go through this. No parent wants their child to have these types of illnesses or challenges. The silver-lining is that there is medication for epilepsy. Yay for that!